The body mass index (BMI), or Quetelet index, is a controversial statistical measurement which compares a person's weight and height. Skip to site navigation Skip to Content A high BMI and large waist size may signal an increased risk of heart disease. Questionnaire. Secondly, the SBMI is a purely comparative figure (without any physical units) on a scale of 70 points. Though it does not actually measure the percentage of body fat, it may be a useful tool to estimate a healthy body weight based on how tall a person is. This calculator computes the body mass index and rates it appropriately for men, women, children, juveniles and seniors. The Smart Body Mass Index (SBMI) This calculator functions on the basis of the newly developed Smart Body Mass Index. The SBMI differs from the BMI in three important aspects. Firstly, it takes age and sex into account, besides weight and height.

Your Smart Body Mass Index (SBMI) is calculated as 40/70 or “40 points out of 70”. The SBMI – an index that has been developed four years ago especially for this calculator – serves for this purpose. Height and weight are the two factors that determine a person’s body mass index (BMI), a measure of body fat and general health. I'm educating myself about BMI, I did a Google search for BMI calculators and I found one that calls itself a Smart Body Mass Index.

Its ideal range is between 30/70 and 39/70. Body mass index (BMI) uses weight and height to estimate body fat. Smart body mass index is brain mass divided by square of height ;-) – Philipp Sep 22 '17 at 13:36

However, this one-size-fits-all approach may be flawed, according to researchers from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). OK, yes, I’m one point outside the top range but it’s still only numbers – what does it all actually mean? The easy answer is I didn't know I was selling a scale until I got there, I just knew they needed an ambiguous body shape (not quite fat, not quite thin, chubby as a good descriptor).