Add the offline file into the video cutter and follow the already know steps to get rid of the video ads or adult scenes. VLC is a very popular multimedia playing software in the market, but do you know, it is more special than other media player because VLC can also be used as a video editing tool, such as cut, rotate and merge videos in VLC.. The output format is the most popular MP4 video. Step 1: Open VLC Media Player, click on Menu > View Menu > Advanced Controls. To solve how to merge videos in VLC problem, first, set up a new folder, and put the original video clips into the new folder. To shrink the video size, you can also use VLC to cut unwanted part and generate a new video. You will be glad to know that VLC media player is capable enough to convert videos from DVD, WMV, ASF, Divx, AVI, MP4 and MPEG file formats to the compatible ones. Then hold the Shift button and right click the new folder. Part 2: Cut/Crop Unnecessary Video Segment With VLC. I thought this was because I was running VLC on my mac so I have now tried running it on a VISTA Windows machine and have the same problem. Click “Add” to the right of the File Selection list on the File tab. Free Video Cutter Joiner is a great application for trimming and editing large video files. In case if you want to optimize your video clip then VLC also allows users to enter codec, frame rate and resolution like values manually. The detailed steps are as follows. There is no charge for personal use of VLC. Cutting (or what I call Trimming) an AVI video gives me only an audio recording. VLC Media Player can provide source code download. This video cutter can cut and split various video files, such as MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV, 3GP, MKV, WMV and more.

This can be useful for removing unwanted sections of video, such as commercials, outtakes and trailers.

Next, select Open command window here. Free Video Cutter Joiner has support for most of the popular formats; AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, 3GP and FLV. To start converting, open VLC and click Media > Convert/Save. In this way, you even can cut a YouTube video that's not yours. We will use VLC Media Player on a Windows 10 computer and VLC on a Macbook in this demo. If you want to delete parts from an online video hosted on another website, please … Step 2. Besides, it can save the video cuttings to popular formats, such as HD MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, AVI, etc.

Part 1. In this article, you'll learn how to merge videos in VLC step by step. The solution is called Joyoshare Media Cutter, a complete media splitter well designed to trim and cut any video into small segments while keeping the lossless quality of the video. THe file extension i get on the trimmed file is .AVI-.wav in case that helps get someone to figure out why it doesn’t work. To cut a video using VLC on Mac or Windows involves the similar process. Cut video in VLC. Under Convert, select the video or audio codec and container to which you want to convert. Part 1:How to Merge MP4 File on VLC .

Besides, if you are running VLC on a Mac computer for cutting a video, there will be some differences from the steps mentioned above, and please refer to this guide of ours, which will show the detailed information how to cut a video using VLC on Mac.

Input the following command to the command window to continue VLC … VLC Media Player is a free, cross-platform, open source player and framework for playing most multimedia files, as well as DVDs, audio CDs, VCDs and various streaming protocols. Browse to the video or audio file you want to convert and open it. Cutting a video with VLC on PC or Mac is not intuitive.